Quantity Surveyor/Commercial Assistant
Up to £45K plus great benefits!!!
Sheridan Ward are delighted to be recruiting on behalf of our client based in Ealing who are looking for recruit for Quantity Surveyor who is able to provide support and assistance towards the financial management to ensure that financial targets are achieved. Do you provide effective interface with the clients, Partnering management, consultants, and suppliers?
Do you have experience in analysing and review commercial and operational data to help the business make informed & strategical decisions to achieve optimal profitability, if so continue reading….
If this role sounds of interest to you and your experience matches up, please APPLY NOW!!
- To analyse on a month by month basis spend by revenue stream and delivery method, identifying risk areas and designing an appropriate recovery plans.
- To Validate and approve subcontractor quotations to ensure value for money is achieved
- To Agree subcontractor valuations and payments.
- To collate, submit and agree applications/payment with the client.
- To ensure that cost information is collated monthly, and the necessary risk and opportunity are accounted for.
- Ensure that the contract is properly informed as to the commercial and financial position so it can best make business decisions.
- Ensure CVR forum takes place on a monthly basis
- Prepare a monthly CVR by work stream demonstrating the commercial and financial position of the contract by work stream; and elements within work stream
- Inform operational strategy based upon CVR outputs
- Cash flow, margin, turnover, and cost forecasts make up the CVR pack and are reported against at the CVR forum; the appropriate information is cascaded through the business
- A tracker is in place to monitor all applications submitted and ensure any works rejected are tracked and reissued when appropriate
- Procure subcontractors and produce an accurate and complete subcontract order which ensures commercially advantageous rates and encompasses all main contract and client contract conditions.
- All cost files are reviewed and audited to identify exceptions or incorrect allocations & charges; rebut and receive credits where appropriate
- Monitor all costs and assist in the managing of these costs to ensure profitability is maintained. To liaise with the site and project managers to ensure maximum efficiency of working methods and material procurement.
- To assist site and project managers in the identification and recording of variations.
- Support identification of new works opportunities
- Prepare and analyse costings for tenders