School Grounds Facilities Manager
37.5 hours per week
MUST HAVE PREVIOUS FACILITIES MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE WITHIN A SCHOOL.
We are currently recruiting for a fantastic school based in Reading. They are looking for a highly skilled facilities manager to manage the site. This role is a practical position as well as needed somebody with a professional approach to manage staff and look after office-based duties such as procurement and liaising with suppliers and sub-contractors to organise technical works and maintenance.
This position would suit a proactive, hardworking, and friendly individual. Must be happy to work in a fast-paced environment.
Health and safety knowledge is a must to be considered for this role.
You will also need people management experience as you will be responsible for delegating workload to cleaners and maintenance staff.
- Undertaking site visits to make sure the grounds are running at a safe level
- Managing budgets
- People management
- Physical facilities work including looking after school lawn/playground
- Coordinating maintenance staff and sub-contractors
- Procurement of new contracts
- Permitting access on any selected evenings and weekends when needed
- Testing fire alarms
- Making sure all fire and security measures are implements
- Supporting and training staff in health and safety measures
- Transporting any goods around the grounds
- Making sure all furniture is in working order